Coconut oil has grown in popularity in recent years, amid claims that it can do everything from supporting weight loss to slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Rich in fatty acids, coconut oil is not only great at moisturizing the skin but because it also increases skin elasticity, it can be anti-aging, as well. The seemingly magical oil also contains many antioxidants, especially vitamin E, which means it can protect skin from free radical damage.
Coconut oil promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff. Coconut oil moisturizes dry hair. Coconut oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length. Considering the number of benefits, this naturally-derived oil has been used for centuries for a multitude of things, spanning the spectrum of skin, hair, nails, makeup, teeth, health, and wellness.
The real question is, what can’t coconut oil do?
1. Makeup Remover: Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn’t stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser. Then clean your face with cotton or water.
2. Breath Freshener: Coconut oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
Gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil can help clear up germs in the mouth,
and give you healthy, germ free and white smile.
3. Under eye Cream: why spend money on expensive eye cream when you have miracle ingredient in your kitchen. Use a dab of coconut oil on under eye bags and fine lines. It’s light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
4. Body Scrub: Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator. it leave soft and glowing skin.
5. Lip Scrub: Combine one tablespoon of coconut oil with two tablespoons of brown sugar and one tablespoon of honey. Mix it all together and your home made lip scrub is ready.
6. Night Cream: This one is my favorite coconut oil beauty uses is a night cream.
Apply coconut oil to your face at night for maximum moisturizing benefits. The antioxidants are great for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep and let it really soak in.
7. Stretch Mark Cream: Expectant moms should keep a jar of coconut oil nearby to help ward off stretch marks, but anyone can use this as a topical treatment for scars.
While the oil won’t fade any marks, it can help prevent dark spots and blisters from forming.
8. Eyelash Growth Serum: The coconut oil can help to stimulate growth and lead to longer lashes. Combine a tablespoon of coconut oil with one drop of lemon essential oil and one drop of lavender oil. Apply the mixture to your lash line each night with a Q-tip and dab away any excess moisture with a tissue.
9. Makeup Brush Cleaner: Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual.
You can use a DIY cleanser that’s two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil.
10. Face mask : Looking for a simple and quick but effective face mask?
Combine 1 tablespoon of honey + 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Let it set for 15 minutes. Make sure your face is dry and clean, and apply the mask. Wait about 15 minutes and remove it all with a warm washcloth.